Saturday, June 28, 2008

Status

Its about 4:30pm mom is preparing herself for a bevy of friends stopping by - as she was supposed to have a shower today.

Ethan is doing well. He is in the NICU and the latest developments have him getting a breathing tube (in the nose) and a feeding tube in the mouth. We were prepared for this, so I can't say its ultra-shocking to see our son with tubes and iv's and the sort running every which way into and out of his little body. Other than the tubes, he is laying in what is essentially a heating pad/pod. This will simulate his environment from the last few months. They took a chest x-ray and noted his lungs were a bit underdeveloped, thus the oxygen in his nose. All in all, its been a pretty successful day.

I posted a photo album below and to the left where you will find the original photos as well as some of us holding Baby Ethan. Also included in the album are pictures from Ali's current room. (Very nice lake view.)

Thanks for all of the nice notes/messages/emails.

-Matt

6 comments:

Baedke Family Blessings said...

He is precious!!! Alison-hope you are feeling well! We are thinking about you all! Keep the pics and updates coming!
Love,
Jen, Jay and Addison

Anonymous said...

You guys look great, and I am so happy for you and little Ethan. Keep the updates coming...snoopy and I are thinking about you guys.

Lots of love.

Jim and Snoop!

aflotken said...

HOORAY!! Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy. What a joy. Wishing you all the happiness and good health in the world!

Anonymous said...

Ali!!!! I am so happy for you, matt, and the baby!!!! We love you and hope all goes well in the next couple of weeks!!! He is so handsome!


LOVE

Unknown said...

Randy and I are so happy for you. We are thinking of you and hoping things continue to go well! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are enjoying your time with Grandma and Grandpa Hunt. Addy and I cant wait to come see you soon! Give Ethan a kiss from his Aunt Kelly and Cousin Addy! Love you guys so much!