Monday, June 16, 2008

Some Things

We welcome the Brown's to the Blogosphere. Check out their new blog in our list of links.

Congrats to Bill Doyle on his 2nd (I think) hole-in-one. Hit it on the 11th at Birmingham Country Club yesterday while playing with all three of his kids. He said that part was cool, but buying drinks for a packed course on Father's Day might be a little rough.

For Mother's Day, we bought my mom a webcam so that she can see her grandkids a little more often. As soon as we buy a new laptop (within the next month,) we will also be online, videoconference style. We will be using Skype, so if any of you are video-enabled, let us know your id and we will hook up.

We had a great time in Lafayette/Zionsville this weekend celebrating my cousin's high school graduation. She is headed to Dayton in the fall. I am still unsure of what a Flyer is. Ali will most likely post about the weekend a little later. She took tons of pictures of our new niece Adalyn.

I shot an 85 on Saturday morning at Battleground with my dad and Jim. This was an awesome score for three reasons. One, I beat both of them, again. Two, I was attempting to change my swing based on my lesson two weeks ago. I think I finally figured it out on #17 - better late than never I guess. And three, my putting was on fire. This is big because my putting has sucked {insert your own expletive} for the past two to three years. I think its all in the follow-thru.

I am headed to Portland on Wednesday for a couple of days. I have never been there and am pretty excited to check it out.

Kenny Chesney this weekend at Soldier Field.

Thanks to all of your donations thus far for my upcoming golf marathon. Everyone thinks I am crazy to play 100 in one day, but, I will get it done. I am nearing the $2000 mark with over a month left to collect. Thanks again for all of the generosity.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Some good things in deed! Check out Powell's Bookstore in Portland. Even if you are not a bookworm, this place is worth checking out!