Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Emotions, Ultrasounds, and Massages

Hello to everyone from my hospital room at Prentice. I thought I would provide everyone with an update since 1) I have nothing else to do and 2) a few new things have happened today.


First and foremost, Matt and I can't thank each and every one of you enough for all the phone calls, e-mails, and well wishes. Hearing from friends and family has really made this experience a whole lot easier. We are so thankful that each and every one of you are in our lives and we can't tell you how much we appreciate all the love and support you all have given us in the past 2 days. We have some of the greatest family and friends and feel truly blessed to be going through this experience, knowing we are surrounded by so much love.


Yesterday was an extremely hard day for me. I shed more tears yesterday then I have in a really long time. I think both mental and physically exhaustion, along with uncertainty, being scared, and the unexpectedness of the entire situation attributed to those tears. There is no way we could have planned for this and if you know me, you know that I am not good with things happening unplanned. Although I know I am in some of the best hands in the world, it is still hard to hear that Baby Hunt might not be able to go home with us after he or she is born. I am also not really dealing well with this bed rest thing, but am keeping positive because I know this is the best thing for Baby Hunt. It is really hard for me as well to be dependant on people to help me with pretty much everything I do. I am on full bed rest, which means I can only get up to use the bathroom, shower, and stretch my legs. Again, I was definitely not planning on being confined to a bed at this stage in my pregnancy, but whatever I can do to keep Baby Hunt growing inside of me for two more weeks, I will do.

On a more upbeat note, I had an ultrasound this morning and things are looking really really good. With a 15% plus or minus in either direction, Baby Hunt is weighing in at 3.5 pounds and his or her measurements are all normal, which means he or she is growing and doing really well. The tech gave me 3 pretty good pictures of the baby so we will try and get those on here somehow. My fluid levels are practically what they should be if I did not have the rupture, which was another piece of good news. The leaking and small contractions have pretty much subsided, which makes everyone hopeful that I will be able to make it to 34 weeks.


I continue to be monitored and the baby's heartbeat is checked every 4 hours. I have 2 more rounds of antibiotics which I will finish with around midnight tonight. I am thrilled about this because it meas that my IV can be removed and I can have some freedom. Don't get me wrong, I love taking my boyfriend with me everywhere I go, but it limits the amount of privacy I have. I was also told today that I have to wear stockings to help prevent blood clots, along with these leg massage.boots While I don't have to wear the massagers at all times, it is like having a permanent masseuse on hand at all times. Not bad! Although, as me how I am feeling about them next week.


I think that is all for now. I have tons of e-mails and voicemails to return so please be patient. I am not ignoring anyone, just trying to get settled in my new home away from home. Again, we welcome visitors so please stop by anytime!!


Hugs and kisses to everyone! We love you all!


P.S. For those of you wondering, a name list has been started. Nothing narrowed down as of yet, but we will keep everyone posted!

9 comments:

aposeym said...

Glad to hear you're holding up so well!

Laura said...

It's so great to hear (read) your voice Alison! Glad that you are feeling well and resting up. Keep your spirits up and blog away...we love reading your updates and seeing what you have to say. See you soon! Love, the gibsons

Shannon said...

wow - what great news for you and baby hunt! I'm familiar with the stockings you speak of - can't wait to see you in those!! :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Baby Hunt and I share a b-day!

Anonymous said...

Matt & Ali,

Don't worry about the emotions - the uncertainty, the unexpectedness not to mention the raging hormones, its almost enough to make me cry. Hang in there and keep a positive attitude, which you are right is best for the baby.This is all just a little blip in the big picture of your life as a family. Love you , The Havards.

Linda said...

Hi Hunt Family!!

Hang in there guys! Everything is going to be fine - good karma is coming at you from Seattle! (and Spanky kisses too). Keep updating the blog and just take it easy Ali.

Love ya! Aunt Linda and the Spankster

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear everything is going good Alison! I'll shoot you an email sometime tomorrow to "catch up"--take care!!

Anonymous said...

Alison and Matt

Carolyn keeps updating us and has sent us your link. We are thinking
about you and know that Baby Hunt
will behave and wait.
Keep good thoughts and good luck.
The Senior Goldhabers
Jeanne and Rich

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl, This will pass before you know it. I really enjoy reading your blog o' hunt...you and Matt both do a great job.

I know you do everything perfectly and getting Baby Hunt into this world will be no different. Keep doing what the Drs' tell you to do and we will all have another baby to love before too much longer...remember these babies are being born into the "luckiest family in the world". Love ya, Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

Alison & Matt,
It goes without saying that you are in our constant thoughts and prayers. We're happy to know that things have slowed down, and we know you're in good hands. The good news is that tiny babies sleep alot...so you'll have plenty of time to get everything done that you didn't have a chance to think about when you flew out the door!!! God Bless the the three of you!