Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm Back - But Not For Long

Good times in LAS and PHX last week. Dinner with Riebe, future Mrs. Riebe - Vic, and EA/Deportes was fun on Thursday. When you only get to see some of your friends a couple of times a year, its always great to chat for a few hours over a nice tenderloin and green chili mac and cheese. Looking forward to the Riebe wedding May 2008, should be a blast.

I flew in on Friday, Ali picked me up at the airport and we headed straight for Green Lake. Arrived just before midnight and since I was ridiculously tired from all of my travels, I slept until 9 on Saturday. I haven't slept that late since July 1982. Got a round of golf in on Saturday which hopefully does not turn out to be my last. Will see all the Green Lakers at the Harris wedding this weekend - should be a good time out in Geneva.

I just got back to the house last night, but I am now leaving again. Was told when I got to work today that I am booked on the 6:25 am flight to ATL on Wednesday. Will be back on Friday.

This latest burst of traveling is letting me try out a new theory. Matt's Theory of Thank-you Notes. I absolutely hate writing thank-you notes, and because of that, I never write them. Because of my wife's penchant for writing a thank-you note for just about anything, I am yelled at after each birthday/holiday for which I receive presents. Well, to try and bridge the gap, I am no longer accepting presents. No, not really. I am currently buying a couple of postcards from every airport I go through/place I visit; I will then use these as my thank-you notes. It keeps it a little more fun for me, remembering everywhere I went, and its more cost effective with postage. Gotta squeeze out those dimes everywhere I can!

Bought two new pairs of Johnston and Murphy shoes three weeks back. One of the pairs squeaks when I walk. I just called and they said they will repair them for me. So, I got that going for me, which is nice.

Internal Audit bowling outing tomorrow. I am looking for a game over 200. I will take anything over 175, but a 200 sure would be nice.

As I am typing this, I was notified by email that my Russian Visa has been shipped and will arrive tomorrow. Too bad the trip has been postponed. It seems the guy that works for me/am traveling with, is still considered a Russian citizen by their crazy government. Nice of the Russians that they finally let him know now!!!

No comments: