Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Want to buzz through the rest of the TV week and give you some updates, since I know you are all eagerly anticipating the finale to this ridiculous series of postings.

Friday night has two shows that I watch when I can. Friday Night Lights premiers tonight for the season. I liked what I saw last year but admit that I missed probably the last half of the season. I think I am going to Tivo this year's then get the first season from Netflix and catch up.

Las Vegas is on as well and I really only like the show because its Vegas and gambling. I love Vegas. In fact, I will be there later this month.

Saturday - well, its college football day - there are no other shows on.

Sunday - Home Makeover is good to see the end product - newest trends and the sort. Plus, we (USG/L&W Supply) sometimes donates all of the drywall and we are on the show every now and then.

Desperate Housewives follows and we have been watching since the beginning. I liked this season's first show. Should be able to take off from there.

I watched Pushing Daisies on Wednesday night this week after reading a whole bunch of "good things." Wasn't sure that I liked it, but I will give it another week.

And this is and inside joke for Kim - Natalie Gulbis is on Wednesday's.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

When does Amazing Race start?!

Matthews said...

Who do you think I am - Phil? I don't know the answer, but, I will find out.

Matthews said...

From msnbc.com:

Q: When is the next season of Amazing Race scheduled to start — or is there going to be one this fall? —KJM, Oklahoma

A: Looking at the networks' fall schedules, many familiar reality shows appear: "Survivor," "Dancing With the Stars," even "The Bachelor." But one is missing: "The Amazing Race."

CBS has aired two seasons of the race almost every year since the race debuted in 2001, and for the past five seasons, they've stuck to a consistent pattern of debuting a new season ever fall and spring.

While that won't happen this year, the show has not been cancelled. In fact, a 12th installment has reportedly already been filmed.

Instead, CBS is holding that race for mid-season, which means it could appear in January or February. In recent years, the show's ratings have slipped and wavered, averaging about 10 million viewers an episode for the 11th season last spring. However, the Emmy-winning show has consistently delivered high-quality television, excepting the boring family season.

To refresh the series, there will be a few changes: The race will feature younger contestants, and it will drop the non-elimination legs. That means that, unless there's an extended, super-sized leg of the race, someone will go home every week.

Shannon said...

Thanks for doing the research! I hate having to wait until January...I guess I'll start watching Desperate Housewives again!