- Matt and I spent most of Saturday cleaning out the garage and organizing/cleaning our second bedroom, which will eventually be the baby's room. The bed will stay for guests, but everything else needs to go!!! So far, we have eliminated the bookshelf; the desk and closet still need some work.
- We had a nice visit with both sets of parents last weekend. Matt's parents were kind enough to drive up on Sunday to pick up a carload of stuff for their neighborhood garage sale. A huge thanks to them for making the trip, they really helped the cleaning process by taking a lot home to be sold. We were able to have a nice lunch with them on what was a gorgeous Sunday. Carol and Larry joined us and my parents up north in Lincolnwood at Lazar's to look at baby furniture. I am so glad they were all there because like registering, it is quite overwhelming. While the dad's enjoyed lounging the rockers and offering their opinions every now and again, the ladies and Matt checked out the selection. I think we have a crib and changing table/dresser that we love, which is exciting. Now, it is on to finding the perfect bedding. After shopping, Matt's parents headed home while my mom and dad headed to the city for dinner with us at Piece. YUM!!!
- We are heading to the lake this weekend with the Kidder's, the Berndt's, and the Glynn's. I think we are all looking forward to a weekend away. Hopefully the weather holds out and we are able to enjoy some time outside.
And, of course, a quick Baby Hunt update...
We have our 24 week appointment next Thursday, which I am very excited about. I love going to the Dr. because that means I get to hear the baby's heartbeat, which is always amazing. I finally felt the baby move a couple of weeks ago, which was the most incredible feeling. He or she has been on the move ever since. I am looking forward to the day when Matt can feel him or her. It should be soon!!! The belly is continuing to grow everyday and I am starting to "feel" my pregnancy more and more. I have noticed it is a bit uncomfortable to bend down and I don't have quite the energy I used to. My feet are starting to swell a little bit, which I am not excited about, but will take over being sick any day! Other than those few minor things, I am still feeling great! I can't believe we only have a little over 3 1/2 months!
That is all for now....I will post pictures from the lake and maybe a belly picture or two next week. Have a great weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment